Work Injury Attorneys In Appleton Recover Compensation For Victims Of Work-Related Accidents
Representing Clients Throughout The Fox Valley
A work-related injury can happen at any time, leaving you physically unable to continue your job or collect a paycheck for the foreseeable future. Serious complications stemming from these injuries can also prevent you from ever being able to hold a job in the future. If you were the victim of a workplace accident, the attorneys at Bollenbeck Fyfe, S.C., are prepared to offer you the comprehensive legal services you need. We look at the evidence surrounding your accident and fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages and permanent disability
Common Types Of Workplace Injuries
There are countless ways in which you can be injured on the job. Even desk jobs pose risks that most people never consider. The most common causes for workplace injuries include:
- Falls: These accidents are common in warehouse and construction jobs where employees are working on scaffolds or other elevated positions. A fall caused by unsafe platforms can cause serious injury and put you out of work for months.
- Falling objects: Unsecured tools or objects can fall at any moment, and if you happen to be walking underneath them while this happens, the resulting injuries can be severe. Traumatic head injuries are common in these circumstances and lifelong repercussions are possible.
- Machine entanglements: There is always an inherent risk for injury when you work with dangerous machinery; however, sometimes these machines don’t carry proper warning labels or aren’t up to safety standards. This lack of safety standards can cause a piece of clothing or a body part to become entangled in the machines, leading to severe bodily harm.
- Slipping or tripping: When objects or dangerous liquids are left on the floor of your workplace, there is a tremendous risk for injury. These injuries, caused by slips and falls, might not seem dangerous at first, but the resulting spine and head trauma could keep you out of work for weeks or months.
- Lifting injuries: One of the main issues facing workers is the heavy loads they are required to lift every day. Even lifting everyday objects at work can result in injuries and it could result in serious medical issues, such as spinal injuries and hernias.
- Vehicle accidents: It’s a requirement at some jobs to be behind the wheel, including commercial trucks or forklifts. The risk of an accident goes up if the vehicle you use hasn’t been properly maintained by your employer or is being used by a negligent employee.
- Repetitive stress injuries: Repetitive stress injuries, also called occupational injuries, occur when an injury occurs over the course of time, rather than in a traumatic event. The most common type of repetitive stress injury is carpal tunnel, but these injuries can also affect elbows, shoulders, knees, hips, back and neck. If the daily effort of your job results in the need for medical care, you may have a legitimate worker’s compensation claim even though the injury was not sudden or accidental.
Our attorneys look at the details of your injuries and decide on the best course of action to get you compensation. Our Appleton workers’ compensation attorneys work with your employer and the insurance company to make sure you receive the benefits you deserve.
Learn more about work injury claims by reading attorney Stuart Spaude’s article, “Worker’s Compensation Basics.”
Contact Our Skilled Workers Compensation Attorneys
If you have suffered a back injury, Bollenbeck Fyfe, S.C., is ready to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 920-949-0925 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We work on a contingency basis and offer free consultations on all work injury cases. Our office is located in Appleton on College Avenue, one block east from the Appleton International Airport.